Parenting is hard. Parenting in postpartum can be really hard. As a mom of a 3 year old I know it was hard for me and I am here to provide caring reflections to you, information and resources enveloped in empathy and all of the emotional support you need so that you can feel confident in how you are caring for your baby. You deserve empathetic care too. I believe that you are the expert on your baby. I believe that you are doing it right. I believe your choices deserve to be celebrated. I deeply believe that you deserve empathetic, nourishing care too. I believe with education, dreaming. planning, learning how you want to be cared for, and learning how to communicate that to those who want to help you the postpartum period can have moments of real joy and celebration, even if we are very tired and worn thin. Postpartum should be time of nourishment for parents too.
Services often provided:
- Guidance and collaboration in creating a very detailed postpartum plan
- Nursing support (referral to a lactation consultant if needed)
- Bottle feeding and supplementing support (if applicable)
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping so that parent(s) do not feel overwhelmed
- Running errands
- Newborn care education and support such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
- Lending library of reading materials
- Unlimited telephone, text, and email contact (I will get back to you within 24 hours)
- Household organization (feeding pumping station, changing station, etc)
- Referrals to local resources such as but not limited to parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation support and other parenting support groups
- Support with cutting through the red tape of insurance coverage (for lactation consulting, coverage of breast pump, rental of medical grade breast pump, etc)
- Providing comforting touch for mother to allow relaxation to take place
- Support while practicing babywearing
- Will accompany parent(s) to doctor’s appointment
- Will offer NON-JUDGEMENTAL guidance and support. You are the expert on your baby. It is my job to support you fully in whatever decision you make for you and your baby.
SERVICES NOT PROVIDED
- Judgment. It is not my place to decide what is best for you and your baby. You are the expert therefore my support will be free of judgement.
- I will not offer medical advice, as this is the job of your doctor but, I will make referrals to care providers I trust.
- I cannot drive you or your family to appointments, etc, but I will accompany you
- I will not deep clean your home but I would be happy to help find someone/hire someone.
- I am not currently offering overnight sessions but I am happy to refer you to a doula who is.
The postpartum period is a unique time of transition where so much is greatly in flux. Birthing people go through one of the greatest neurological, hormonal, and physical changes of their life. Studies show that the supporting parent will also go through great neurological and hormonal changes. Patterns within the home will change, sleep will change, the difference between day and night can sometimes fade away, and suddenly there’s a new person at home who’s every need must be met. After months of pregnancy and the crescendo of labor and birth or after spending many months wading through the adoption process, a family is born or enlarged.
There are many challenges ahead. But often, with the right support and care, this time can be enjoyed and even truly celebrated. The right support can allow family members to cocoon themselves within the changes and growth that nearly all will experience so that things may bend, flow, and settle into place. It is my hope that by offering you three types of comprehensive, non-medical support-practical, informational, and emotional- and by helping to active your outer rings of support, within your friends and family, that you and your partner will feel just as nourished, nurtured, and cared for as your baby will feel during this special time. It is my hope that with my support your confidence on being the expert of your baby will flourish.
*Please contact for fees.